Weight Gain as a Side Effect of Medications
Before starting a diet, it’s important you learn the side effects of your medications. Do you know the side effects of your medications? If you don’t, I suggest you start learning them before your diet. Read the inserts or go to drugs.com. A great book to have on hand is Drug Muggers. You’ll learn about what your medications are depleting your body of.
If you read the side effects, weight gain is a common side effect of medication because we store medications in our fat. When we lose fat, the stored medications go back into our bloodstream. Now as you take your medication, you are also receiving more medication from your bloodstream. It’s like taking an extra dose of medication. If your body hasn’t burned off the medication stored and you use a medication that does not mix with the medication stored in your fat, you could suffer side effects.
Weight Loss and Dosage Adjustment
How often do you see your doctor? If you’ve stabilized your blood pressure with medication it might only be 3-6 months you see your doctor. You can lose 10-15 lbs within that time and need your dosage changed. Contact your physicians to help you safely lower their dosages. Within 24-48 hours of your dosage adjustment, you will see improvements in your energy levels and alleviation of the medication side effects.
As soon as you lose 10 to 15 lbs, it’s important to talk to your doctor about lowering your medication. I’m not only talking about medicine for high blood pressure but any medication. The dosage recommended is based on your current weight at the time it was prescribed to you. Don’t quit your diet thinking the diet is causing your high blood pressure. Check with your doctor. You have to value your health. You have to be the voice for your health.
Addressing the Root Causes of Illnesses
Medications aren’t the cure-all end-all.
It’s important to cure an illness by changing what caused the illness. Your body isn’t broken due to a lack of prescription drugs. Think about it, does a person have high blood pressure because they don’t take medications?
There are hundreds of food additives that cause high blood pressure. The four most common culprits are High fructose corn syrup, Sodium Nitrates, phosphates, and MSG These ingredients are found in yogurt, cereal, granola, condiments, crackers, soda, juices, specialty meats, dried meats, potato chips, frozen dinners, cold cuts, gravies, ranch dressing, salty flavored snacks, chocolate with sugar, processed cheese, and soft cheeses. Here’s a larger list of foods to avoid. https://www.doctorshealthpress.com/heart-health-articles/blood-pressure-articles/foods-that-raise-blood-pressure-2/
If you were to go to the link you’d learn red meat causes high blood pressure. When we go to the American Heart Association website, you will find recipes for cooking with red meat. Here’s a link to the recipes. https://recipes.heart.org/search?term=beef
Just drinking more water can regulate your blood pressure, but altering your diet can have a huge impact on your health.
Things You Should Know Affecting Your Health
Here’s why you need to start doing your own research and being your own advocate.
- Dairy causes cancer, and so does sugar, but they sponsor the cancer organization. If you go to the cancer website you can find recipes using sugar and dairy. You’ve seen the pink ribbons on yogurt. Here’s a recipe recommending granulated sugar: https://www.cancer.org/healthy/eat-healthy-get-active/eat-healthy/find-healthy-recipes/sweet-treats/mint-chocolate-meringue-cookies.html
- The FDA even told us sugar is healthy and doesn’t make us fat. Meanwhile, history shows the Egyptians fed geese sugar to make them fatter. Sugar is difficult for the human body to break down and results in us using vital minerals in our body to break it down causing us to become mineral deficient.
- The FDA was paid by the tobacco industry to put out research saying cigarettes aren’t addictive or bad for our health.
- Doctors take one class in nutrition and their education is paid off by big pharmaceuticals. Majority of their education is pharmaceuticals.
- Doctors receive a big paycheck at the end of the year for every vaccine they are able to convince you to get. Think of vaccines and prescriptions as the “would you like fries with that” of the medical industry. So many illnesses we take pills for could just be cured with changing our diet and you’ll learn this as you lose weight and go off your medications. Keep in mind the flu shot was only 10% effective this year and there are so many different strains of the flu.
To Whom Do You Entrust Yourself?
It is so important you learn to be an advocate of your own health. American culture trusts the FDA, we trust doctors, the cancer association, and so many others to tell us what is right for our health. The people behind telling us what is healthy are sponsored by companies destroying our health. Tyson supports the American Heart Association so don’t expect to stop seeing recipes including red meat on their website anytime soon.
Feature image via www.acaiberryweightloss-australia.com